What to Wear for Your Couples Photoshoot in Lisbon
If you are planning a couples photoshoot in Lisbon, you might be wondering what to wear to look your best and show off your love. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect outfits for your session.
– Be comfortable and confident. The most important thing is to wear something that you know works, that moves with you and hugs you in the right places. Whether that’s jeans and a t-shirt or a sparkly dress, you want to feel comfortable and confident in your photos. Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight or too loose, as they can make you look uncomfortable or unflattering in your photos.
– Coordinate colors, but don’t match. You want to look like you belong together, but not like you are wearing the same clothes. Choose colors that complement each other and create harmony in your photos. For example, you can wear different shades of the same color, or colors that are opposite on the color wheel. Avoid wearing colors that clash or compete for attention, such as red and green, or pink and orange.
– Wear neutral colors and avoid busy patterns. Aim for neutrals, earthy tones, and metallics. These complement the outdoor environment almost anywhere you go and look incredible as a printed, framed photograph. Neutral colors, such as white, black, gray, beige, or navy, are timeless and elegant. They also help to keep the focus on your faces and expressions, rather than on your clothes. Busy patterns, such as stripes, polka dots, large florals, or plaid, can be distracting and make your photos look cluttered. If you want to add some interest to your outfits, you can opt for subtle textures, such as lace, denim, or leather.
– Choose flowy fabrics and flattering fits. Flowy fabrics, such as chiffon, silk, or linen, can add some movement and romance to your photos. They can also help to hide any areas that you might feel self-conscious about. Flattering fits are those that accentuate your best features and make you feel comfortable and confident. For example, you can wear a fitted top with a flowy skirt, or a loose blouse with skinny jeans, I love creating photos with movement and flowy outfits really help with this.
– For the guys, if you want a more classic and timeless look, it’s best to wear chinos or suit trousers and a shirt instead of shorts and t-shirts.
– Dress for the season and the weather. Lisbon has a mild climate with four distinct seasons. You can dress for the season and the weather and make sure you are comfortable and prepared for your photoshoot. For example, you can wear layers in the winter, such as sweaters, coats, gloves, or boots. You can wear light fabrics in the spring and summer, such as cotton, linen, or silk. Make sure you have pain-free feet, I love taking photos in movement and we will be walking and moving a lot during your photo session.
Below is a link for a Pinterest board with a couple of examples. I hope you find this information helpful :).